We are currently seeking a Marketing Research Analyst to join our Marketing team. The Marketing Research Analyst will be responsible for developing methods and database to analyze sales, material handling industry, vertical markets, and competitive data. Distill data to provide insights on trends and themes which can help decision making within the leadership, marketing, and product development teams. Mine existing and find new resources for data. Ability to create and deliver clear, concise presentations to peers, managers, and executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Internal data collection using CMCO Business System.
· Utilize existing external databases for share and market data. Submit market share information to appropriate sources and develop reports once final summary data is provided.
· Research for M&A activity
· Assist with VOC activity
· Create and provide results for surveys
· Responsibility for management of outside resource contracts and/or project direction
· Summarize and provide insights on the data analysis.
· Identify new data sources and develop new reports to help the team meet business and sales objectives.
· Preparation of reports using Microsoft Access, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Examination of emerging markets to increase sales of existing products.
· Research and identify markets for new products.
· Development of program and processes to monitor user trends.
· Support the Vertical Market Specialists and sales teams with project and end user information
· Work with MARCOM team to develop targeted contact list for various mailings and e-blasts
· Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- Have exceptional analytical and research skills and capabilities with a proven track record
- Be a critical thinking skills
- Be self-motivated
- Have excellent written and verbal skills
- Take ownership of work
- Pay close attention to detail
- Be organized
- Team oriented
- Have the ability to develop reasonable and logical assumptions when required
- Be professional when handling confidential information
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in business, actuarial science, finance, marketing research or marketing analysis. 5-7 years market analytics and/or business strategy experience. Experience in translating data to actionable insights.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to create reports, charts/graphs to tell a ¿story¿ and business correspondences. Ability to effectively present information to individuals, or groups, and respond to questions from sales personnel and customers.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database; Presentation, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Strong data collection and analytical skills; strong organization, computer and communication skills; ability to interface with variety of outside sources including research firms and government agencies; exposure to international markets a plus; ability to take ownership of projects from conception to completion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
If interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Kelly Smielecki at firstname.lastname@example.org.