Locations in which hazardous concentrations are handled, processed or
used but are normally within closed containers or closed systems from
which they can escape only in the case of accidental rupture or
Locations in which flammable gases or vapors are or may be present in
the air in quantities sufficient to produce explosive or ignitable
Atmospheres containing hydrogen, or gases and vapors of equivalent hazard, such as manufactured gas.
Atmospheres containing ethyl-ether vapors, ethylene or cyclo propane.
Atmospheres containing gasoline, hexane, naptha, benzine, butane,
alcohol, acetone, benzol, lacquer solvent vapors or natural gas.
- NEMA 7/9 rated control enclosure - Hoist and trolley controls are housed in a NEMA 7/9 rated enclosure with hoist motion monitor, thermal overloads, over capacity limit switch and more. Two-speed control for smooth acceleration and precise load positioning.
- MC (METAL CLAD) electrical cable and fittings where required
- Standard motor is two-speed with a 4:1 ratio from high to low speed; giving a low speed for precise load handling and a high speed for fast throughput. Optional Division 2 Hazardous Location motor available.
- Intrinsically safe limit switches - Standard upper/lower, geared control circuit hoist motion limit switch prevents lifting excessive overloads. Optional block operated upper control circuit limit switch is available.
- Intrinsically safe control station available when required.
- Wire rope drum is machined from quality steel, deep-grooved with a rope guide to help ensure the rope stays in the grooves. Wire rope is secured to the drum with three heavy ductile iron clamps and designed to have three extra wraps of wire rope on the drum with the rope at full extension (low hook).
- Heavy Duty disc brakes are rated at 200% torque and provide quick, positive stops and load holding.
- Steel compound tread wheels made for long life and use on either wide-flange or "S" beams. One wheel on each side of trolley driven for positive tracking.
- Triple reduction hoist gearing is oil bath lubricated, operating in an oil-tight, cast aluminum gear case.
- Heavy steel frame provides a solid foundation and positive alignment of key components.
- Bearing mounted trunnion-style block and hook rotates 360° and swings back and forth 180° for easier load adjustment.
- Reeved to a low-headroom design lower block for minimum headroom and maximum lift.
- Trolley is easily adjustable to handle a wide range of beam flange widths.
- Upon request, the Yale Global King explosion-proof unit is available with a tagged Division 2 Hazardous Location motor, which surpasses OSHA requirements.